It has been a busy summer and TKS wanted to take the time and preview this years kickers and punters for San Diego High Schools for 2011. Every year we are amazed of all the publications (we will not name them) on how much they don’t know about the best kickers in Southern California & San Diego. Special Teams will play a big part in many of the leagues this year.
1) Brian Heinz SR. – Cathedral Catholic HS – Brian has the size about 6-5 190 and has been working on his technique all off-season. We expect a blow out year for Brian as long as he stays healthy. Brian won the Kansas State punting and kicking camp compeition this summer and his confidence is rising.
2) Nick Stanistas SR. – Scripps Ranch HS – Nick a lefty should put every ball in the endzone this fall and contend for the field goal title if given the chance at Scripps. Nick went and visitied numerous DII schools of the summer and getting some heavy consideration from a few of them.
3) Travis Nicklaw. JR. – University City HS – A late bloomer and soccer convert – Travis has plenty of leg strengh, if he works on his technique should be a all-league kicker. Has the potential to be on the top kickers in San Diego this fall.
4) Diego Rodriguez, JR. – Lincoln HS – Its not often you find a good kicker at this school but they may have one with Diego. He has been working hard and although he is small in stature he will be blasting away touchbacks on a regular basis. Look for a good year from Diego.
5) Brady Esterbrook – JR. Patrick Henry High School – Brady kicks and punts but has a knack for punting. Great hands with a quick leg, he has shown some progress over the course of the summer. Brady should contend for best punter this fall.
6) Jason Dunbar – SR. -Escondido HS – Jason also punts and kicks but favors the punting. Jason who is looking to play college football has all the right tools and could make a name for himself this fall as a punter.
7) Kyler McLaughlin – SR. Serra HS – TKS only had chance to work with Kyler back when he was a sophmore when former Serra Kicker Parker Munoz was a senior. Kyler was just learning the ropes back then, but has the ability with a strong leg and athletic ability to content for all league kicker. Kyler us a soccer player convert as well.
8 ) Jack Mitchell – SR. Torrey Pines HS — You dont have to say much when you talk about the storied past of the kicking tradition at Torrey Pines. BUT we think Jack could possibly have the strongest leg out of all the kickers to come out Torrey. Jack who can also punt is fine athletes and have seen him crush kick offs (4.25 -76 yards at the TKS Spring Clinic). If he stays healthy and can master the technique, Jack has all the talent to be a DI kicker.
9) Seamus McMorrow – SR. Saints HS – Hitting a 58 yard field last year says a lot. Power is not a problem for Seamus. Although he finished with tough game last season, look for a great year from him. Possible offers coming soon…
Others to Note:
Noam Baltinester – SD Jewish Academy
- Yossi Stein – La Jolla Country Day School
- Leigh Wallace – La Jolla Country Day School
- Jonathan Bennett – Mira Mesa HS
- Adrian Vila – Rock Academy
- Amrando Serna – Montgomery
- Vann Sabin – Helix
- Josh McIntire – West Hills